IRRIGATED AVOCADO DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
CBRE Agribusiness is pleased to present for sale Mareeba Farms – a 1,576* hectare irrigated cropping enterprise currently utilised for the production of avocados and sugarcane in the prominent horticulture region of Northern Australia.
Located within the Tablelands Region of Northern Queensland, where the production of avocados has more than doubled in the last five years and sugarcane plantations continue to intensify, the landholding offers a diversified asset with dual income streams.
KEY INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• A significantly developed 1,576* hectare contiguous landholding with secure water supply producing both avocados and sugarcane.
• More than 1,000* hectares have been identified as suitable for the production of avocados and other permanent crops and 501* hectares are being developed to orchards, with 103* hectares currently planted to 31,483* Hass avocado trees on Velvick and Zutano rootstocks.
• Sugarcane plantations currently produce more than 120,000* tonnes per annum with additional cotton, pasture seed crops and soybeans utilised as rotational crops.
• Extensively developed to irrigation with 1,387* hectares (90%*) under centre pivot irrigation and flood /furrow irrigation methods, with the balance comprising grazing and support land.
• Significant water entitlements totalling 8,732* megalitres of Medium Security water further support cropping enterprises, along with a recycle dam, access to Cattle Creek and existing bores.
• Excellent operational infrastructure, structural improvements and productive soil types enhance enterprise efficiencies in labour, equipment and cropping inputs and a separate 13* hectare nursery enterprise provides 14,300*sqm of undercover area to shelter new plantings.
• Strategically located with regard to processing facilities, including Arriga (Tableland Sugar Mill – 3* lineal kilometres), Gordonvale(Mulgrave Sugar Mill – 48* lineal kilometres), South Johnstone (South Johnstone Sugar Mill – 48* lineal kilometres) and Mossman (Mossman Sugar Mill – 65* lineal kilometres) and regional townships including Mareeba (15* lineal kilometres) and Cairns (52* lineal kilometres).
• Future growth opportunities include the expansion of areas planted to avocados and the additional development of existing land to permanent plantings to further enhance productivity and scale of operations.
FOR SALE BY TENDER CLOSING THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 4.00PM (AEST)