EXCEPTIONAL IRRIGATION OPPORTUNITY
CBRE Agribusiness are pleased to present for sale Garrawilla & Belmore (the properties); A large-scale, irrigated and dryland cropping operation located in the renowned Border Rivers region of Queensland, north of Mungindi.
Historically operated as an irrigated and dryland cotton and grain growing enterprise, the properties also feature small areas of grazing which could be developed to irrigation or dryland cultivation, offering development upside to an incoming purchaser.
Key investment highlights include:
- Garrawilla & Belmore have a combined land area totaling 2,316* hectares, of which 1,398* hectares is developed for irrigation (460* hectares converted to a “Padman Stop” system with the remaining 938* hectares siphoned irrigation), 362* hectares of dryland cultivation with the remaining 556* hectares being grazing and support land.
- Significant water storage of 6,700* megalitres accompanied with significant Water Entitlements of 7,293* megaliters Border Rivers - Barwon Zone water.
- Historically, the properties have consistently yielded 13* bales per hectare of cotton, 1.9* tonnes per hectare of durum wheat and 3.5* tonnes per hectare of chickpea.
- Carefully designed irrigation infrastructure comprising large channels and head ditches with a full tail water return system, the design utilises the natural fall of the land to move water without the need for pumping (except when lifting into storages)
- High quality operational infrastructure, structural improvements, productive soil types and technological developments that enhance on-farm efficiencies.
Garrawilla & Belmore represent a unique opportunity to gain scale in a well-developed irrigated cropping enterprise, with a proven history of performance in cotton production, one of Australia’s most profitable irrigated crops.
Garrawilla & Belmore are being offered for sale by Private Treaty