ONE OF TASMANIA’S LARGEST CONTIGUOUS FARMS
CBRE Agribusiness is proud to offer for sale Rushy Lagoon – Tasmania’s largest contiguous farming operations, which features extensive irrigated and dryland grazing activities in a high rainfall region.
Current operations consist of a 4,000* head dairy herd, 6,800* head beef herd (Hereford and Angus) and 5,600* merino cross sheep. Rushy Lagoon is offered in one line or as separate assets to suit requirements.
Key investment highlights include:
- A combined land area of approximately 21,861* hectares, inclusive of 1,000* hectares of developed centre pivot irrigation, 6,699* hectares of arable improved pasture, 4,178* hectares of grazing land, 692* hectares of semi-improved pasture, 1,749* hectares of coastal grazing, 77* hectares of water storage with the balance comprising timbered land.
- Soil types across the property underpin a diverse range of livestock operations, including intensive irrigation for dairy. Future investment in pasture development will significantly increase carrying capacity.
- The property features substantial water entitlements of 6,865* megalitres coupled with on-farm water storage capacity of 4,295* megalitres, supported by well-designed irrigation infrastructure in a high average rainfall environment of 750* millimetres per annum.
- High quality operational infrastructure and structural improvements, including four dairies and a twenty stand shearing shed, provide a strong platform for the livestock production systems. There is scope to expand the dairying platform with improved facilities and additional irrigation infrastructure.
- An unparalleled opportunity to acquire a large-scale, agricultural enterprise on a ‘Walk In Walk Out’ basis, inclusive of all land, structures, water allocations, plant & equipment and stock combined with the potential to further develop this iconic property to support intensification or specialisation.